Friday, January 6, 2012

Happy New Year 2012

Wow it's been a long year! Sorry I've been away but many things happened this year and kept me busy...Had a traumatic summer when my son got severe 2nd & 3rd degree burns in a freak accident on his left arm. Thankfully, he was able to recover without needing any skin grafts, no loss of function, just some residual scarring that should fade with time. He was so LUCKY! We owe a great debt of gratitude to the Shriner's Hospital in Boston and all the doctors, nurses and staff who did a fantastic job taking care of him and making sure he got the BEST CARE POSSIBLE!!

I'm starting this year off with a new diet plan, focusing on Dr. Fuhrman's diet. While I'm not giving up on all processed foods and things I like. I'm going to try to get most of my calories and meals from the plants, seeds, beans and stuff from nature. Adding in natural proteins and fish/meat should go well with my already good work-out routines.

I've hit a plateau in my life where at my age, it's difficult keeping off weight with exercise alone and a "weak" diet plan. I've been able to get away with it for 50 yrs. but now I've noticed that any small reduction in my workout routine I add weight on so quickly.

I'm hoping this change will allow me to splurge occasionally without a huge price to pay and keep my work-out routine going and maybe even improving!

I've taken on a new boxing routine (thanks for the new gloves from my son), we've had a 100 lb heavy bag in the basement that will get much more work with my new gloves.

PEACE everyone and love those close to you and enjoy each day like it could be your last!

No comments: